Saturday, August 25, 2012

Day 0

Today is day 0. The most frightening part is about to come. I am spending every last minute with my wonderful girlfriend and am so sad that I have to leave her behind. By every last minute, I do in fact mean every one. Sloan and I are going to stay up all night and hold onto each other so tight that we can't forget the feeling.

14 hours from this very minute I am supposed to leave her side and embark upon an adventure all by myself for what seems like the first time in my life. Even when I went off to college at UCLA I was never truly alone because within hours I met Sloan and from that minute on always had someone there to confide in and fall back on for support.

My emotions are rather torn... I don't want to leave behind everything and everyone that I've ever known, but at the same time I know that what awaits me on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean is an experience that will change my life forever. I can't wait to go, but I also am sad to leave.

So long have I waited for this moment to come and now all I can say is: cheers to you world, let's see what you have to offer.


1 comment:

  1. You and Sloan are strong and will survive your months apart. We are so glad she is joining us in December. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete